General U-Haul Questions
- ¿Cuáles son las horas que está abierto?
Centers (Company stores) Independent dealers Mon - Thurs 7am - 7pm Varies Friday 7am - 8pm Varies Saturday 7am - 7pm Varies Sunday 9am - 5pm Varies
- ¿Cómo localizo una ubicación de U-Haul en mi vecindad?
- Use our location finder. It will produce a map of the locations nearest to you, along with contact information.
- ¿Cuántos años debo tener para alquilar y/u operar el equipo de U-Haul?
- U-Haul requires our customers to be 16 years of age to rent our trailers and 18 years of age to rent our trucks. Both require a valid driver's license.
- ¿Necesito una licencia de conducir especial?
- No. U-Haul trucks are not considered commercial vehicles. U-Haul requires our customers to be 16 years of age to rent our trailersand 18 years of age to rent our trucks with a government issued driver's license.
- ¿Si no sé la fecha exacta de mi mudanza, puedo todavía obtener una cotización de tarifa para mi mudanza?
If you aren't sure of your exact move date we recommend that you use an approximate date around the time you think you will be moving to give you a frame of reference. Rates vary based on equipment size, location and date. Traditionally, rates are lower Sunday through Thursday. Search for a rate quote.
Not sure when you're moving, but know when your lease is up? Check out our U-Box portable storage solution.
- ¿Por qué no están las tarifas de algunos equipos cotizado a mí en línea?
Some of our equipment is available for local moves only, including our cargo van, pickup truck, and open trailers. Some trailers and towing equipment may not be available because they cannot be towed by your chosen towing vehicle.
Roof Pouches and Horse Trailers are only available in specific markets. Please call your neighborhood U-Haul location or 1-800-GO-UHAUL (1-800-468-4285) to check availability, obtain rates, and to make a reservation.
- ¿Se necesita una tarjeta de crédito para reservar o alquilar el equipo?
Making a reservation online requires a credit card, but you are not required to use a credit card when paying for your rental. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
- ¿Puedo utilizar una tarjeta de débito para reservar o alquilar el equipo?
- Sí, la tarjeta de débito debe tener un logotipo de Visa o MasterCard.
- ¿Puedo pagar con mi tarjeta de crédito y que alguien más recoja el equipo?
- We prefer the card holder be present when the equipment is picked up. If another person is picking up the equipment, they will be responsible for the equipment and have to sign the contract. They will also be required to show adequate meaningful assurance such as a credit card, driver's license and phone number to verify.
- ¿Por qué hay una retención de fondos en mi tarjeta de crédito y por qué tarda 3-5 días laborales para quitarlo?
This "hold" amount will be released within 3 to 5 business days,depending on your financial institution. You may check with your creditcard institution regarding how long it will take them to release the"hold" on your funds. Click here Request Hold Release to send us the information we need to assist you.
When renting, you were informed of the following:
"Your credit card is being authorized for $XX. Available funds on yourcredit card or bank account will be reduced by this amount. Actualcharges to your credit card will be determined when you return theequipment."
- ¿En caso que tenga un problema con el equipo, qué debo hacer?
- In the event you experience problems, visit myuhaul.com and request Roadside Assistance. Service will be sent to your location and updates can be sent to your mobile device. Service is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can also contact Roadside Assistance by calling 1-800-528-0355.
- ¿Es necesario pararse en las estaciones de pesaje?
- The laws vary from state to state and throughout Canada. Normally U-Haul customers moving their own household goods are not required to stop, because it is not a commercial move. However, some states require that all trucks stop at the weigh stations. If in doubt, stop at the weigh station.
- ¿Qué hace U-Haul con el dinero recaudado como honorario ambiental?
Since 1945, the U-Haul Companies (“U-Haul”) have helped families move to a better future.
The Customer money collected as an environmental fee is used to support and foster the development and maintenance of sustainable U-Haul business operations. For example, operations that directly benefit our customers include, but are not limited to, the use of aerodynamic fuel-saving truck skirts, the fuel economy gauge, CNG and propane trucks, storage re-use centers, and an expanding alt-fuel propane infrastructure. The fee also partially covers operations that indirectly benefit our customers, such as energy-efficient lighting and HVAC retrofits, waste-oil heaters, water recycling units, van-body storage units, permeable ground cover and other water/energy saving projects.
- ¿Cómo sabré dónde regresar mi equipo?
- Call the phone number listed on your rental contract for the most convenient location to return your equipment upon arrival at your destination.
- ¿Se garantiza mi reservación?
U-Haul agrees to contact a reserved customer the day prior to pickup to finalize time, place and equipment size. If this varies from customer’s reservation preference and an acceptable alternative is not agreeable, U-Haul will make a $50 “Reservation Guarantee” payment, the reservation will be terminated and the matter closed.
Should U-Haul, through its fault, fail to contact customer the day prior and be unable to meet preferred time, place or size, then the $50 reservation guarantee will be paid and U-Haul will still attempt to fill the reservation.
- ¿Cómo puedo modificar o cancelar una reservación existente?
If you do not need the equipment you have reserved, please let us know by the day prior to your move date.
You may look up a pending reservation in order to change or cancel it or by contacting your local U-Haul representative or your pick up location.
- ¿Cómo puedo obtener una copia de mi recibo?
- Every customer gets a copy of their contract. This contract is your receipt. If you require another, you can look up your order or submit a contract request.
- ¿Puedo pagar el total por un miembro de familia?
- Yes, you can pay in full for a family member's One-Way rental by calling our Sales and Reservations department at 1-800-468-4285 or by purchasing Gift Certificates. Gift Certificates can be used towards the rental of equipment, purchase of a trailer hitch, packing supplies, propane gas, storage, Moving Help, etc.